Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Pauley Reunion 6/24/12

Daddy.  The reunion just wasn't the same without my Mom there.  She was always busy in the kitchen at these reunions, taking care to make sure everyone had everything they needed.  She even organized the reunion for several years.
Aunt Glenda (Auntie to us "kids"), and her family travelled the furthest from Texas.

Great Aunt Delia (Sissy), one of my grandfather's surviving sisters, is trying to identify people in an old photo here.  She is ADORABLE.  Her handbag never left her shoulder the whole time we were there.  You just can't trust those Pauleys.  :)
Even at the age of 93, my sweet Grandma has a silly streak in her.  She caught me taking her picture and stuck her tongue out at me.
Not sure what Ray is laughing about here.
Cousins.

We were all at Dad's on Saturday night, talking about going to the reunion on Sunday.  My cousin Matthew bet there would be pink fluff, and, of course, we were not disappointed.  He also said there would be a number of mayonnaise based creations, and there were!  He predicted something with pineapple rings as well, and there was a pineapple upside down cake, complete with pineapple slices with cherries in the middle.  So funny how things never change.  
My crazy bro.



This is my favorite picture of the day.  Great Aunt Phoebe.


My sis-in-law Kathy and her boys.
 

Grandma meeting her great nephew/niece twins for the first time.  
My sweet Grandma.

We always count on Linda Lou (right) to bring her delicious red velvet cake to the reunions. We even talked about it the night before at Dad's over dinner.  A comment was made about getting a piece of cake when you first go through the serving line, because it gets gobbled up FAST.  Guess what?  NO RED VELVET CAKE.  There was talk of "taking Linda Lou down" or slashing her tires.  When I told her this, she threw her head back and laughed, saying she didn't realize it would be missed.  Trust me, it was missed.
My sweet Mia.
Sydney and Dayton.  This is Sydney's "Mom, I'm really sick of being photographed, will you please stop" smile.  I've seen it a million times.

 My cousin Matthew, his wife Karen, and their daughter...all the way from Texas!
My baby boy.
Uncle Mack and Steve, deep in conversation.
Cousin Steve holding one of the twins.  He needs the practice, as his daughter, Monica, is expecting twins!  Looks like his service dog, Theo, is jealous?
Theo.
Sibling love?  Looks like he's trying to get away.

Auntie with cousin Ray.

Grandma and great granddaughter Lauren.

No comments: