Thursday, June 21, 2012

 A couple of weeks ago, Thomas told me he wanted to play soccer again.  Needless to say, I was THRILLED.  He didn't play last year because he was having lots of trouble with heel pain.  We got him signed up to play in the Jeff City 7 v 7 league and last night was his second game.  I have to say, this momma was so happy to see him play again. 
 The other team's shirts were a green that was just a shade or two darker than ours, so the ref had our boys take their shirts off so he could tell which team was which. 
 He has on brand new soccer shoes.  He played in his old cleats last week and said they were "a tight fit," but they would do for the first game. 
 The picture doesn't do the shoes justice, but they are BRIGHT.  Like a mix between hot pink and neon orange.  They are super cool.  I love that he likes shoes that stand out.
 Corner kick!

 I love this picture of Jacob.  Why is the best photo of the event never MY kid?
 Thomas' friend Aron came along with us.  He is the nicest kid.  I'd adopt him if I could.


 One of Thomas' 3 goals for the evening.  I thought he had 4, but he says it was only 3.
 Best seat in the house.


 After the games, joking with teammates.  It's so good to be back!
Mia was there, too. 

No comments: