Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Middle School Cheerleading


That's my tiny girl in the middle. These girls did such a GREAT job tonight at the first game of the middle school football season. The 7th and 8th grade boys both beat Hallsville 40-0 and 38-0, respectively.


Mia and Katie.




Mia was absolutely radiant. Her smiles were infectious! I can honestly say, and not because she's mine, that she is an AWESOME cheerleader! Her movements are sharp, precise and just perfect! She does not look like a first year cheerleader. It's amazing. I am so proud of her.


At one point, their cheerleading coach leaned over to some of us and said, "Is it just me, or are they all so freakin' cute?!!?" We all had to agree. They have worked so hard in practice and it really shows.


Sydney was not able to go to the game, and I sent pictures to her on my phone. She sooooo wanted to be there, and looks forward to going to next week's home game.


In this shot, she's mouthing to me "STAND UP!!!" They were doing a cheer that requires the fans to stand, and I was too busy snapping photos to pay attention. My bad, Mia. :)



I wonder if her face will hurt tomorrow from smiling so much.

~

On a more serious note, the Hallsville quarterback got sacked from behind and was taken to the hospital by ambulance. There were about 2 minutes left in the game and we had a long delay.....long enough for the ambulance to get there from Columbia. Pretty scary stuff. Some of our dads had talked to some of the Hallsville folks and it appears that he's going to be okay, and that the trip to the hospital was precautionary. I sure hope he's okay.

1 comment:

michelle said...

I wonder if YOUR face hurts from smiling. Mine would!! I love these pics. Mia looks so grown-up, too. She's gonna have a ball cheerleading! LOVE it! Miss you guys!