Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Tile Time!!


This was taken at about 8:15. The tile guys arrived promptly at 8:45.

I asked Terry the tile guy if he minded if I took "progress" pictures. He jokingly told me I could, as long as I didn't get him in the photos, because then the FBI might find him.


I thought this would take all day, but to watch this guy work, it was amazing. He had an assistant doing the cutting for him, and they worked like a well oiled machine. I asked him how long he's been laying tile, and he told me "all my life...I'm a third generation tile layer."


They finished laying the tile in less than 3 hours. Amazing.



This was taken at 12:10. He'll be back tomorrow to grout it, which, he says, takes no time at all. I'm so excited to see the finished project, and I'm so glad I FINALLY decided to get this done.

No comments: