Sunday, July 10, 2011

So this is what normal feels like.


This is my new bedtime buddy. The machine. Not the guy in the background.
~
I have joined the CPAP club and I am utterly AMAZED at the difference it has made in the way I feel. The daytime drowsiness is GONE. I feel like I had been living in a fog for yeeears, and now I'm out of it. It's crazy. I now know what it feels like to wake up refreshed.
~
After my first night using it, I took my book out on the deck to read. Before CPAP, I would read a chapter or two and almost immediately start to feel drowsy, and lay my head back and doze off. I discovered that I had read 8 chapters with NO drowsiness!!! It is truly amazing.
~
I don't wake up numerous times during the night now, and when I do wake up, I realize that I've been in the same position for a long time, because I'M SLEEPING SOUNDLY!!! I laughed and told the girls at work that now I have to worry about getting bedsores from not moving during the night!
~
What a blessing that piece of equipment is.

1 comment:

michelle said...

Yay!!! I'm glad you're feeling great. I remember switching shifts, many years ago, and walking through the grocery store NOT feeling drowsy. It's a remarkable feeling. Then I went back to overnights, started having kids, and, well... nevermind. I'm glad you're feeling great!