Monday, June 20, 2011

The Show!!!


I put this picture in here to demonstrate that there is always at least 1 dancer in the 3-4 year old class that dances to her own tune. Soooo cute when they do NONE of the choreography that everyone else is doing. It always gets a good laugh from the audience.









Sydney's hip-hop class performance.



I worried that her pants would fall down...



This is Sutu Forte, one of Columbia's finest entertainers/musicians, introducing the Beethoven Ballet, complete with Beethoven wig.
~




This year we were treated to LIVE music for the Beethoven Ballet. This group of fabulous musicians (the guitarist is Miss Jeanne's husband) put a rock spin on Beethoven's music that was absolutely incredible. Pete, the guitarist is a BEAST on the guitar. I found myself watching him just as much as the dancers.



This is Miss Julie, the level 5 ballet teacher. I've talked about her in previous posts. She's AMAZING. This is one of my favorite photos of the evening.








I don't know if anything could have taken the smile off Mia's face. She's becoming such a beautiful dancer, following in Sydney's (dance) foot steps! LOVE LOVE LOVE these costumes!









Sydney worked for weeks and weeks and choreographed and performed an absolutely amazing lyrical dance to "Starstruck." I hadn't seen any of her choreography....I didn't even know what song she had chosen. My brother, Michael, said that someone sitting behind him put it best. "Wow." She again took my breath away with her grace and beauty.














I love this.







Sydney's class did a beautiful lyrical dance.










Mia's tap class did a routine to "Pick Up the Pieces." Very cute!



So very proud of my girls. Thomas wasn't thrilled about having to go to the recital, but I think he enjoyed watching his sisters.



My beauties.

~

~It was a long day of rehearsals and a wonderful evening of dance. Mia and I went to iHop after the show to eat. Sydney had gone out with friends and Thomas wasn't interested in iHop. We got home a little before midnight.
~

I LOVE show day. The build up to it, the excitement, the culmination of all the hard work of the dancers. A little sad that it's over until next fall. At least we have that to look forward to, though I really don't know how Miss Jeanne is going to top this year's show. We shall see!

No comments: