Wednesday, March 2, 2011

4 degrees to Oscar


I'm actually stealing this blog idea from a friend's blog, who asked the question, "How many degrees from an Oscar are you?" She has a fellow church member who is the aunt of "Little Ed," who happens to be Ed Catnull, the president of Pixar, the company that produces the Toy Story movies, etc. Pixar has won several Oscars, making my friend 4 degrees from an Oscar.
~
I realized that I, too, am 4 degrees from an Oscar.
~
Years ago, Kate Capshaw taught learning disabilities at our school. I remember back then, thinking how beautiful she was. At the time she was married to our high school principal. She had perfect skin, beautiful hair , a perfect smile and a sweet personality. I even stood behind her in the lunch line several times and chatted with her.
~
She later married Steven Spielberg. God only knows how many Oscars THAT guy has.
~
So there you have it-

Me, Kate Capshaw, Steven Spielberg, Oscar!! What an elite group we are.

2 comments:

michelle said...

How cool is that??? I had no idea Kate Capshaw had ties to central MO... I'd heard she went to high school in St. Louis, or something... so very cool!!!

michelle said...

Oh... I don't think I'm connected to anyone even close.