Friday, July 16, 2010

Warm summer evening+Scanlan family in town=Pool Party at the Blanchards!

The Scanlans all came up for a visit from Texas and we gathered at our house for dessert and a pool party on Thursday night. For those who don't know, that's my mom's sister Glenda in the green...known to her nieces and nephews as "Auntie." That's her son, my cousin, Matthew and they are each holding Matthew's girls, Maddie and Lauren. This is a 4 generation photo, as that is my sweet little 91 year old grandmother sitting down.


This is, hands down, my favorite photo. Isn't she beautiful?




I love my brothers. I was concerned that my air conditioner was conking out, as it was so warm in the house. Adam, my older brother said, "Get me a screwdriver and a garden hose." He fixed me right up! Who'da thought those things need cleaning??








Lauren with her dad and mom.










My brother Adam's son, Jake.




Miss Mia.








My brother Michael's son, Chris.








My sister Amy and her husband Dayton. Can you say "Toothpaste commercial?"









Adam talking to Uncle Mack.








Michael and Chris.













Amy, posing, as usual.









Maddie getting wet. She loved it!













Dad















Adam and his wife, Kathy.










It was a perfect evening for swimming and we all had a good visit. Amy, Dayton, Kathy and Adam stayed until about 10:45 and we sat out on the deck with our bug candles, talking. What a wonderful family night!

No comments: