Sunday, May 2, 2010

We had a front porch guest the other day. I was sitting on the porch in the rocking chair, relaxing after some yard work, when I saw this little guy out of the corner of my eye. He eventually wandered off into the shrubs.
Saturday morning Mia had a soccer game. We lost something like 6-2. Mia played great.


Saturday afternoon I went back to Columbia to work the concession stand at Bingo for the Pride team. Each family is required to put in 4 hours of work, or pay $400 dollars to "buy out" of it. Thomas, Warren, and I had worked 3 hours at Pride Park clean up day at the end of March, so we just owed a little more time. It was actually kind of fun, too.
Man, oh man, are those people serious about their Bingo, though.
Lots of cranky old people there, too. I had my fill of one old lady. She was SO hateful. My first "run-in" with her was when she was looking over the desserts and asked, "What's that?", pointing to a piece of Coca Cola cake that one of the parents had brought. I told her, "It's Coca Cola cake." Nastily, she says, "I said, what IS it?" I kinda got an attitude with her and said, "I'm guessing it has Coca Cola in it."
The second time, she came up and ordered Polish sausage, paid for it, and then went and sat back down....her seat was very near the concession window. When it was ready, we called her name over the PA system, and she came up to the window. The cooks had simply split it down the middle and grilled it on the grill. She took one look at it, poked it a couple of times with her finger, inspecting it, looked up at me and said, "Is this how you cook Polish sausage??" I told her that's the way the cooks fixed it. She tossed the plate back at me, harrumphed, and walked away. Some nerve!
The next time, a little later in the evening, the concession stand wasn't busy. The four of us parents were in there just talking and joking around when I hear, "Hey! HEY! Do you all think you could be any louder in there?" My reply? A GREAT BIG smile and a "Yes, I think we can!" She turned her crabby self around and that was the end of it. Life is too short lady. Smile. You might like it.

Thomas' team played 2 make-up games this afternoon in Jeff City. We lost both.
I am soooo loving this new lens I have. It's awesome.




No comments: