Sunday, February 14, 2010

Like a Purple Paintbrush

is the title of Mia's book.


She is a published author! The 5th graders each compiled a book of poems they had written, complete with illustrations and everything. The books are hard-bound and quite a treasure. On Thursday evening they invited parents in for hot chocolate, cookies, and sharing time. Check out the middle photo. She's sharing a poem called "My Mom." Look at the illustration. Like my cape? Not everyone gets to see me in my Mighty Mom costume. You can even click on it to get a better view.
The third photo is my favorite. The kids are also doing a unit on public speaking. In the photo, they are cracking up at Ryan, a classmate, as he presents his monologue. This kid is going places, I'm telling you. He's HILARIOUS!! I can't believe I didn't get a photo of him.
One thing I noticed that evening, was how well Mia's class gets along. They all laugh and joke with each other, and good-natured teasing is abundant. I commented on that on the way home that evening, and Mia agreed. She said, "Oh, mom, we have SO much fun." What a cool age.

No comments: