Friday, February 26, 2010

Tim McGraw Concert


Cheryl and Tami at dinner.

Janet and me at dinner.





So last night was the Lady Antebellum/Tim McGraw concert. I have to say, I learned something. I learned that I don't like sitting in floor seats. I was so excited to have gotten floor tickets. I've not been to many concerts, but thought it would be awesome to sit on the floor and was thrilled when I was able to get floor tickets. Lots of naysayers told me I wouldn't like it...."you can't see anything." Being the "glass half full" kind of girl, I didn't give it much thought. Until we got there, and the concert started and every 6 foot tall person in the surrounding counties had seats in the rows in front of ours. Total bummer. I'm now convinced that the only "good" seats on the floor are the ones right by the stage. Oh well, you live and you learn.



I took my camera, but not my big lens, since they don't allow "professional" cameras. I was afraid if I got caught with it I'd have to walk it back to the car, and it was too cold for that. Next time, I'm sneaking it in, though...probably tuck it into the back waistband of my pants. I tried to get a few pictures, but my friend Janet got some AWESOME ones. When I get copies, I'll post them. I was able to get a couple of decent ones of Lady A, one of which I posted.


Both Lady A and Tim put on a GREAT show. Janet and I were shrieking like a couple of teenagers when Tim came out on stage. It was so exciting! He was a little scruffier than I'd like (as if I get an opinion), but he did announce that he's working on a movie and has to keep the beard longer, and that he can't wait to trim it up.


I did manage to take a beer bath, too. Some drunk girl dumped half her beer on me as she walked by me. Nice.


Note to self:
1. No more floor seats.

2. Sneak in the lens.

No comments: